• With Sify broadband you can choose from a wide variety of plans based on your requirement and budget. We provide day/ night plans which give higher speeds at night and help you save more.
• Sify broadband is a prepaid service so you can have a control over your monthly spends on the Internet.
• With Sify broadband you can enjoy best speeds as we offer a contention ratio of less than 30.
• We offer different plans in different cities to give you the best deal.
• To get sify broadband you need not purchase a modem or landline, and can reduce your cost.
• You can renew your connection online and during renewal you can select any plan of your choice.
• You get 24*7 customer care support.
• We are present in multiple cities in India so you can transfer your connection in case of relocation.
• We do not enforce a fair usage policy (FUP) on our unlimited plans.
• Contention ratio is the number of customers who get connected to a network at the same time.
• The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) specifies the contention ratio to be less than 50 for home customers and less than 30 for business customers.
• Sify offers a contention ratio of 4 to 30.
More than the number of users online, it is the kind of applications that they use while online that influences the speed. So your speed will not be negatively affected just because you have many sify broadband users online. But it will marginally decrease if all of them at the same time indulge in data intensive activities online.
• Most Internet service providers enforce a fair usage policy to control the data downloading limit. After you download a particular amount of data, either you are charged extra or your speed become lower than before. While they call the product ‘Unlimited’, an FUP which comes as a special condition takes away the real purpose of the product.
• We at sify practice what we preach. None of our unlimited products have a ceiling on downloads. So we do not enforce restrictive/ fair usage policy on our customers.
• Unlimited plans offer complete freedom to customers to download data to any extent. There is no limit to the amount of data that can be downloaded.
• In data limit plans you can download only till your data limit expires post which you will have to renew your account to stay connected.
You can apply for a Sify broadband connection through the following means:
• sms <SIFYBB> to 54545
• Visit www.sifybroadband.com and post your enquiry
• Call 1860 425 3330 from your BSNL/ MTNL number
• Call Sify customer care :
East: 033 22893701
West: 022 26177460
North: 011 26932501
South: 040 27817836
• E-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you express your interest, a Sify business associate will contact you to confirm the order. You can select the plan of your choice and hand over the required documents and cheque/dd. Once this is done, you will be connected to Sify broadband by a Sify field engineer/ Sify partner.
The total cost you incur to get a new sify broadband connection includes the plan price, service tax and the installation cost. The installation cost for wireless connection is Rs.500 while for wired connection it ranges from Rs.1000 – 1500 approx. depending on the distance between your residence and our partner’s premise.
Normally the installation is done within 24 - 72 hours from the time the order is picked up along with the requisite charges. However, in exceptional cases it could take a few days more, based on the feasibility & the distance.
The Sify partner (Cable TV Operator) or Sify Business Associate will check your PC for the following configuration and give you an appropriate feedback.
• 500 MHz or higher processor
• Windows 95/98/2000/XP/NT
• CD-ROM Drive
• Minimum of 64 MB RAM
• Passport size photograph
• Photo identity - Ration card/Passport/ Company Id /Driving license
• Address proof- Ration card/Passport/ Gas connection statement /Electricity bill/ Rental agreement/ Telephone bill
• Customer Application Form (provided by Sify)
The above documents need to be submitted to the Sify business associate along with the payment by DD/ cheque.
• For Sify wired broadband connection, a subscriber unit is installed at your cable TV operator’s premise which connects him wirelessly to Sify base station in your locality and you will be connected to your cable TV operator by fiber.
• In Sify Wireless Broadband you get connected through a laptop sized Wireless Unit, which is installed at your rooftop. This is connected to the Wireless Access Point at Sify base station on 5.7 Ghz frequency offering you seamless connectivity. The infrastructure redundancy at our base stations ensures uninterrupted service in extreme situations also. i.e. Power-cut / internet disconnection etc.
Sify wireless is fixed wireless connection where a device (Customer Premise Equipment - CPE) installed at your premise is connected wireless to the Sify base station and a cable connects your PC to the device. Sify wireless can be made Wifi by installing a router in your premise, which is easily available in the market.
• You can renew your account online at www.sifybroadband.com using your debit/credit card.
• Your Cable TV operator (CTO) can renew your account and you can pay him by cash.
• You can call sify customer care to renew your account and pay your CTO by cash.
• You can renew your account on the Sify Broadband client and pay your CTO by cash.
• Visit your nearest Sify e-port and renew your account by paying cash.
You can shift your broadband connection provided there is feasibility in the new location, by paying a nominal fee. We have presence in over 200 cities across India. The plans available however may vary from city to city.
Power cut does not affect the Sify transmission of data. But the CPE present at the customer end requires power. So if you have power backup through UPS, you will be able to enjoy uninterrupted browsing.
To enjoy dedicated speeds take individual connections for PCs. If you take one home broadband connection and use it on two PCs at the same, your broadband speed will be equally divided between the two PCs.
Antivirus (or anti-virus) software is used to prevent, detect, and remove malware, including computer viruses, worms, and Trojan horses which can erase important data from your PC and also lead to hard-disk crashes in certain cases.
• Sify Broadband offers you free antivirus, which can be downloaded from the following link http://188.8.131.52:8090. Various antivirus software are also available on the Internet, which you can purchase as per your requirement.
• To enable or disable antivirus, please contact sify customer care.
In case of any connectivity or service issue contact our customer care at:
• 1860 425 3330 from your BSNL or MTNL number.
• West : 022 261777460
• North : 011 26932501
• South: 040 27817836
• East : 033 22893701
• Email us at email@example.com
• Get 24x7 Helpline numbers at Customer Care
If you are a business user, an exclusive subscriber unit (SU) will be mounted on the outer wall of your office, which will connect you wireless to the Sify base station to give you uninterrupted and reliable connectivity.
With the business broadband plan you also get Sify Talk, our International voice product which offers economical calls abroad using VoIP technology. SifyTalk is enabled through a device which when connected to your landline allows international calls at most economical rates. Business users can purchase plans that suit their business requirement.
The SMB users benefit from an exclusive SU which offers dedicated wireless connectivity, unmatched speeds up to 2 Mbps and value added features such as one domain name, 3 E-mail Ids, 5MB hosting space, 1 static IP, free website builder and 3 static pages.
For cyber cafes that have another service provider’s broadband connection, Sify offers Sify Edge. Sify Edge creates a Wifi hot spot and helps in the virtual infrastructure enhancement of your cybercafé. It contains cyber café management solution, Know Your Customer (KYC) platform for cyber security, revenue generating value added services like Travel Ticket booking, mobile recharge, utility bill payment, sify talk etc.
At any Sify Mylife cyber café or Sify powered café you can login with a single user Id and password, you get safe and secure connectivity with dedicated per PC speeds. You can also benefit from the value added services we offer - you can book travel tickets, do mobile recharge, pay utility bills, use Sify talk for most economical international calls, do online personal banking etc. Not only that, you can pay in cash for all your online transaction.